Olkaria II Extension Geothermal Power Plant Feasibility Study
ELC Electroconsult in Joint Venture with B&L (ESL) was contracted by the client to carry out feasibility studies for the proposed Olkaria II Extension Project.
The scope of the feasibility study is as follows:
- Analysis of the well flow data for the wells assigned to Olkaria II Extension project development; determination of the optimal capacity for the proposed plant and depending on the characteristics of the wells, identify the suitable technology, sizing, and optimum plant layout.
- Advise on the optimal project arrangement and configuration, and specifically advice on the most suitable arrangement to achieve the required economic and financial objectives.
- Carry out topographical survey to cover the entire project site
- Update power evacuation study done in the previous study
- Carry out technology analysis and cost estimation then develop a conceptual design for the proposed plant and associated infrastructure including the steam delivery, brine system and power evacuation system;
- Carry out Environmental and Social Impact Assessment study for the project and prepare a Stakeholder Engagement Plan commensurate with potential project impacts;
- Undertake financial and Economic Analysis
- Transfer of knowledge to client’s counterpart personnel